Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Plan

Okay so I said I was going to generate a plan for my eating and exercise and I definitely need to. I am going to post it on here under diet plan and exercise plan and I will edit them as needed.  I have decided that I will work out and hour each day six days a week and take one day off from any strenuous exercise, maybe just do some yoga. I have been so all over the place these past couple of weeks. I have school I am dealing with, the class isn't at all difficult but there is a ton of busy work. The fact that this busy work is meaningless makes it even harder to actually have to sit down and do. I am also trying frantically to fill out as many job applications for teaching positions as I can. Prospects in El Paso for English teachers are not looking good at all. Looks like I will have to relocate soon if I want a job. If I can get a job I will probably be moving in late July to wherever I end up. So I am a little concerned about that as well. I have lived on my own before but never out of El Paso. It is kinda scary, even for a soon to be thirty something. It concerns me because in all honesty I will miss my parents. I love them both to pieces and it is really nice being able to pop in and stay with them for a few days and just spend time together. I like to help my mom out as much as I can and I hate the idea of not being there for her. For those of you who don't know, my mom is a cancer survivor and legally blind, she is an amazing person and an inspiration for me in everything I do.

So needless to say there is alot of things going on in my life right now both actual events and inside my head. This is why I need a plan, because if I don't make one then something will get dropped and it will probably be the diet, which would not be good. So if you want to see the general plan then feel free to take a look on the pages I mentioned above.

Now on to a bit of a book review. My good friend Maribeth, who I have known for a long time, but had lost track of until recently, has been reading my blog and made a recommendation for a book i should read. That book, which I am about halfway through and already in love with is Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged.

Never judge a book by its cover....
Now I know the cover might look a bit cheesy but it is what is inside that counts. What's inside? The key to a healthier lifestyle. Its all about how to boost your metabolism by eating a protein and complex carb six times a day. You really can't get healthier than that. I will be cutting out sugar, processed foods and what Ms. Reno calls "anti food" (food with high calories and no nutritional value). I will post more about this and how my meals will look soon. If you are interested in maintaining your weight, losing weight or just feeling more energized I recommend you read this book. I am starting slowly with her techniques and I will hopefully be eating clean on a regular basis by the end of May.

So I am diligently working on several different things and should have my diet and exercise plan updated by Friday. In other news, I have been seriously slacking on working out. I need to work out, not just to speed my weight loss and build muscle but because it really does make me feel better. So come hell or high water it is back in the pool tomorrow for me. Hope everyone thinks about making a solid plan for themselves for whatever they need to focus on. It really does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment