Thursday, May 5, 2011

Catching up...

Okay, so some of you who read this may not know me personally, so I thought I would tell you all a little bit more about myself. I am 29 years old and will be thirty in August. I am working on finishing my Master's degree in Education and I will be graduating in May. I have been super busy lately and haven't been able to post much. In fact, I am pretty behind on the posting. I recently finished a 34 page project for my last class and have a final on Monday. Then I will be done with school for the time being. I am hoping to eventually get my Educational Leadership Doctorate, but that can wait for a bit.

What I am focusing on now if finding a decent job teaching in high school. unfortunately for me, there are not very many jobs available here in my home town, so it seems I will have to be moving soon. I am frantically filling out as many job applications as I can. In fact, until I find a job, finding a job will be my full time job. At this point I am pretty much ready to go anywhere. 

That being said, I feel like I have missed out on some job opportunities because of my weight in the past. Its  true , even though I wish it weren't, but when it comes to applying for jobs appearance plays a big role. People make alot of assumptions about obese and overweight people. They automatically assume they are lazy and eat like pigs. They also probably assume they are dumb because you have to be stupid to want to look huge and also because of the  how could you be fat knowing what we now know about nutrition concept. I get irritated by this because there are so many other factors. Our society has just been inundated by the idea that thin is in. I think what is most important is being healthy.

I personally am sick of being judged by people because of my size. I have been incredibly lucky in the friends department though. I have met some wonderful people over the years who have been my friends through thick and thin and have never judged me because of my weight. I love them for that, but I also wonder how many more friends I would have if I were healthier? I really don't know if it would make a difference or not.  I just want to stop hiding from people behind this wall of fat I have built up.  I want to live to my greatest potential and do things that I want to do no matter what the weight limit is or how strenuous it may be. Oh and I really want to be able to wear these

I know they are ridiculous, but when I get down to my goal weight I am buying a pair of thigh high boots and I am going to wear them with a short skirt, just because I can!
Anyhow, I have been hitting a sort of plateau where I was waffling up three pounds, down two up one ect. But I finally think I I got things working right again. I lost another 2 lbs today when I weighed in. I have also lost 5 inches off the biggest part of my stomach!!!! So I am down 33 lbs and have lost 5' inches on my tummy and 1 inch from each thigh! So not alot of weight loss but some success in other ways.  I have started eating clean and I can already tell there is a dramatic difference in my energy level!!! I have not been lethargic at all and I feel like exercising lately, which I didn't before. Eating clean is definitely the way to go!

I wanted to set some more specific goals for myself since I have really general goals but not anything specific. Here they are in no particular order.

1) Fit into my homecoming dress from 10th grade, size 14
2) Lose a total of 60lbs by my birthday August 14th (only 26 lbs to go)
3) Quit drinking soda, forever.
4) Eat clean for 1 month (4 days down)
5) No fast food of any kind for the month of June.

So there they are. Things to challenge and motivate myself with. Hopefully, it will happen.

If you like what you are reading remember to subscribe, comment or follow

Thank!

1 comment:

  1. Those are amazing boots!
    Wow, 33 pounds, that's really inspiring! I just know you're gonna keep it up and get really healthy : D

    ReplyDelete