Friday, April 22, 2011

She's in there somewhere.

So was reading up on what Dr. Oz says about emotional eating and one of the things they suggested to deal with cravings is to use visualization. So I figured why not I have a good imagination, I can visualize something that will help me out of this craving rut. I thought I would visualize myself shrinking... It didn't work. perhaps its because I am not really sure what I would look like if I were at my goal weight. Or perhaps my imagination isn't strong enough to melt away 170 lbs. That's okay though because I still learned something. I learned that she is in there somewhere. The skinny me; the one that can climb mountains, run a marathon, swim 2000 miles, shop at the gap, be happy with herself when she looks in the mirror. The problem is that she is skinny and healthy and runs really fast, at the moment I can't catch her. That is why I have to keep going, so that I can finally catch her and hold on tight. I just hope along the way I become her.

On a less poetic note, I was able to visualize myself getting up and eating something healthy after my power walk with Bob and the rest of last years biggest loser cast and then I got up and did it. Visualization is a good tool. I hope one day I will no longer need it, but until then it is just another weapon in this battle of the bulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment