Friday, May 20, 2011

Cooking and Food Preparation (This time I'm counting it!)

So my exercise today will basically be working hard to prepare for the dinner party I am throwing tomorrow night. I will be spending most of this evening in the kitchen on my feet; cooking, pounding, stirring, mixing, ect. I will also be out in my herb garden harvesting fresh herbs. I will also be running some last minute errands and such. I hope I can also get in about 15-20 minutes on my stationary bike. We shall see. Anyhow, I am going to wear my heart rate monitor when I really get down to business and I am going to count those calories. Normally, I would not count cooking and food prep calories, but I am prepping for a 17 person dinner so it is not what I normally do everyday. Just in case you are interested, here is what is on the menu:

Appetizer:
Italian Asparagus, Assorted Crackers and Cheeses

Main Course:
Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Roll-ups
Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce
Cranberry Apple Walnut Salad with Feta Cheese and Greek Dressing

Desert:
German Chocolate Cake

Drinks:
Fruit Infused Ice Water
Iced Tea
Homemade Lemonade

I'll update this to add in the calories I burn.

I burned 783 calories doing 370 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Cooking or food preparation"

No comments:

Post a Comment