Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wow, Big Surprise!

I just got done doing a particularly hard workout, for my out of shape butt at least, on the stationary bike. So I thought I would weigh myself and see if I have lost any weight so far. I felt like it would encourage me to try harder or be excited depending on what the scale said. The last time I went to the doctor I was a certain weight.  Then two month's ago I was the same as I had been at the doctor. A month and a half ago to a month ago, the last time I weighed myself, I had lost two pounds. I wasn't thrilled because I thought that it was so close to my original that there must be a margin of error. Well margin of error no more. In the last 2 months give or take I have lost a total of 16.3 pounds!!! I have had alot of things happen to me, I had some friends and family members pass away. I have been working hard at school and as  result I have been eating less. I wasn't actively trying to lose weight but I did. It is a great motivator, but I remain cautiously optimistic. I have to change my data on myfitnesspal and now my calorie intake is even less. Its going to be hard work but I am excited nonetheless. I was going to discuss something else but this is a shock to me and I just had to share. So I will touch on the other topic tomorrow.

As an aside I feel like a bit of an idiot for not realizing I should have weighed myself at the beginning of the blog writing to be entirely accurate. LOL! My apologies to my readers for my big blond moment. But still....YAY!!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Good for you, SarahBear! I am really proud of you, and I admire that you are opening up like this! I need to start eating better so I can be a good role model and live to see Abbie grow old. This is a good impetus for me.

    Can you believe it? Even with falling off the bandwagon and going to McD's, you LOST SIXTEEN POUNDS!!! It just goes to show that you don't have to be perfect, you just have to try! WAHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that my blog could be an impetus for you Peanut!!! I am still in shock about the weightloss though. Thanks for the encouragement and for reading. Hopefully, next time you are in town you will be able to tell a difference. LOL!!! Let's keep being healthy so when we are both old we can sit in rockers, drink mai tais and talk about the good old days...

    ReplyDelete