Thursday, March 31, 2011

Apocalypse now?

So a couple of weeks ago I saw the movie Zombieland. I thought it was hilarious. It is in the same vein as Shaun of the Dead. What struck me as funny was one of the observations the main character makes. When zombies take over the world the fatties die first. He is so right, because us unhealthy folks can't run away as quickly. Yet another motivator to get off the couch and get in shape. I mean what if the Mayans are right and I end up in a post apocalyptic scenario on December 21, 2012. I wouldn't last very long at this point. But that's okay I still have a few months. Besides, I don't have to be faster than the zombies, mutant raiders, or vigilantes on motorcycles, I just have to be faster than you....LOL. But all kidding aside, you never know when you will be in a situation where you will need stamina and endurance. Hopefully, it isn't a dangerous situation but something fun that requires some effort. Like hiking up a mountain (props to my friend Sarah for her recent trek up Mount Franklin!), swimming in a lake, running or walking for charity, ect. There are so many amazing experiences out there just waiting to be had if we would only make the effort to be able to do them. This means eating healthy, exercising and keeping a positive attitude. I can't wait to do some of things I haven't been able to do in awhile because of weight limits, or lack of stamina or both. This is just another thing to keep me going. So, until I can run faster than zombies, I am going to be packing an uzi...remember to aim for their heads.

On another note, thanks to all of you for your encouragement and congratulations. I appreciate it more than you know. I have seen alot of traffic to my blog and it is so neat to know that people are reading what I am writing and even being inspired. I helps to keep me honest and accountable to my goals. I couldn't do this without my readers, friends and family. God bless you guys!!!! Also, I would love to see some more comments on this blog. Even if it is just to say hi. Let me know what you like about my blog, what you dislike, if you have suggestions or questions and I would love to have some low fat low cal recipes. My goal is to raise awareness about what it is like to be obese, what it is like to lose the weight and most importantly, I want to let people know it is possible if you persevere. I also want to start a dialogue where people can talk about this epidemic and what we as a community, city, state and nation can do to start making a difference. For that we need comments. =)  I think one of the reasons so many people struggle with their weight is because no one really wants to talk about it in a real and compassionate way. So speak up you guys!!!

P.S. If you are worried that you will have to sign up to comment, don't be. I have .the blog set so anyone may make a comment. You don't even have to include your name, unless you want to.

If you like what you are reading remember to subscribe over to the right.

Don't forget to check out my food diary at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/sarahbear1981

Good night all! Remember that tomorrow is a new day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment