Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting started

According to http://www.buzzle.com/articles/obesity-in-america-facts.html "300,000 is the number of people who die due to obesity related disease in the United States every single year - thus making obesity the second most serious preventable cause of death in the country after tobacco. This, and various other obesity in America facts and figures reveal that the problem has reached epidemic proportions in the country." Additionally, El Paso, where I live, is the third fattest city in Texas.

I don't want to become an unhealthy statistic. This is why I have decided to start my weight loss journey before it's too late. I know that I will need support and accountability to succeed, so I am reaching out to the blogging community for help. I hope that my journey can inspire others to start quitting their own bad habits and leading a more healthy lifestyle. I would love to hear from others about their own journeys and any suggestions.

Here are the cold hard facts about me:

I currently need to lose 150 pounds to reach my goal weight.

I am an emotional eater. I eat when I am stressed or sad or bored or happy.

I have tried multiple diets (Atkins, South Beach, Curves, Cabbage soup, Physicians diet, Slim Fast, Jenny Craig, ect.) None of them worked for longer than a year.

I have been a smoker for almost 15 years, at present I smoke a pack a day.

I have been afraid of failure and that's why I haven't made the necessary lifestyle changes I need to make in order to lose weight and keep it off for good.

Today, I begin my journey and I am hoping you will too!

Wish me luck and please let me know you are out there. Let's support each other to success!

No comments:

Post a Comment