Monday, June 13, 2011

Too fat to run?

Well yes I am, apparently. I decided to give a training program called Couch to 5K (a.k.a. C25K) a shot last night. Week one consists of 3 times a week you walk 5 minutes, then jog 60 seconds then walk 90 seconds until you have hit 20 minutes and I was able to jog only about 3 times before my ankles felt like they were going to pop off of my legs. Oh and I was out of breath alot (but I am pretty sure that is from the smoking). It wasn't easy to admit to myself that I couldn't do this thing last night. I think I will try again on Tuesday and just do as much as I can and finish with walking. I am not going to over-exercise but I really want to be able to run a 5K someday. I want to participate in fundraising walk/runs and I want to be able to support my friends and family members by running in the Susan G. Komen run, a diabetes run of some sort and even an Alzheimer's run in honor of my grandfather if there is even something like that around here.  My whole point is that I want to learn to run these things so that I can use that skill to raise money and support for some very important organizations that deserve it.

So right now I am going to keep at doing week one until I can do it all the way through completely without stopping and with doing the intervals correctly and efficiently. I think I might invest in a camel pack so I don't have to feel dehydrated and thirsty while I run. I guess this also one more reason I really need to quit smoking pronto! Anyway, if any of you have suggestions about exercises I can do or a different routine/schedule I can do to work on running please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any info you have and are willing to share.

On another note: I am forty pounds down! I am so happy to have come this far. I feel SO much better. When I lose 2.5 more pounds I will be at the 1/4 of the way mark through my weight loss journey! How exciting.

Also remember that if you like what you are reading please follow me, comment on here or subscribe! If you do those things then I know I have support, which helps alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment