Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cats and other things

So this has been a really rough week for me. Quitting smoking is hard and I am doing my best but I am struggling. It seems like the moment I decide to do something positive in my life the stress train rolls into to town in a big way. I have gotten some disturbing news from the doctor, but don't worry it isn't life threatening and there is nothing that can be done. (Stressor #1). I am still searching for a teaching job and the state of Texas is doing it's best to ensure I never get one anywhere near where all of my friends and family and myself have lived for years. (Stressor #2). My weight is yo-yoing like crazy and I have no idea how much I have actually gained or lost in the past few days (Stressor #3). My grandmother is going in for surgery tomorrow and might not make it (Stressor #4). I could go on and on but then I would feel like I'm whining. Don't worry about me though because I am staying strong and I am not going to let anything beat me. In terms of success I am down to ten cigarettes a day versus a pack a day I was smoking. Progress is progress and come hell or high water I will be smoke free by my birthday!



I have been pretty faithful working out and I spent a good part of yesterday outside doing yard work and gardening. Tonight I am going to go see CATS, an Andrew Lloyd Webber  musical, with my mom. I think it will be alot of fun and it will be a nice reward for losing 39 pounds. I am still hoping it will be sixty total by my birthday. All in all I am doing my best and that is all anyone can ask of you. I really want to get back in the pool soon though. I need to mix it up again. I am getting bored of walking and aerobics in front of the television.

No comments:

Post a Comment